- Move furniture back into position slowly and carefully. Place pads on metal or wooden legs and have area rugs to protect the floor from these pieces.
- Place rugs and mats at all doors and high-traffic areas.
- Trim the nails of your pet and keep them trimmed regularly.
- Never wet mop your new floor.
- Regulate the products you use on your floor and limit them to special chemicals designed for wood floors.
- Use drapes or UV filters to protect from ultra violet light and prolong the life of your floor.
- Vacuum, dust and quickly remove spots and spills when they occur to ensure that your floor is clean and smooth all year.
Use this checklist and be sure to consult with a wood floor expert if you have any questions about taking proper care of your hardwood floors after installation. We are more than happy to help you extend and preserve the beauty of your wood floors, so contact us today.
Precision Hardwood Flooring LLC
31 Stillo Drive
Airmont, NY 10952